RE: [gmf-dev] Today's call

Hi,

When I run org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.core.types unit tests the
test_getElementType_eObject_eClass() is ran after
test_getElementTypes_155601() and test_getMetamodelTypes_155601() and hence
I never saw the failures. So, yes, those 2 tests fail, because of the order
in which they are ran - an extra metamodel type gets registered and stays
there.
I'll try to fix this by specifying a different client context for an
inserted metamodel type in test_getElementType_eObject_eClass().
Thanks for the tip Max.

Cheers,
Alex

             "Max Feldman"
             <Max.Feldman@borl
             and.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "GMF Project developer
             gmf-dev-bounces@e         discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             25/04/2007 08:43          RE: [gmf-dev] Today's call
             AM

             Please respond to
               "GMF Project
                 developer
               discussions."
             <gmf-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,

 I've put some traces into ElementTypeRegistryTest.class, to print out
all elementTypes in the test_getElementTypes_155601(), and below is the
output I get:

MetamodelType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.office
]
MetamodelType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.client
]
MetamodelType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.depart
ment]
MetamodelType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.custom
er]
MetamodelType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.studen
t]
MetamodelType[dynamic.org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.eclass
]   !!!
MetamodelType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.employ
ee]
SpecializationType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.m
anager]
SpecializationType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.e
xecutive]
SpecializationType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.t
opSecret]
SpecializationType[org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.context.s
ecretDepartment]

Note that the dynamic.org.eclipse.gmf.tests.runtime.emf.type.core.eclass
is the MetamodelType which is not expected here, and which looks to be
registered in test_getElementType_eObject_eClass() and is never
unregistered. Probably the latter one is either not run in your
configuration in contrast with the builder config, or it's an ordering
problem...

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Max