From: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Niclas Hedhman
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 6:49 AM
To: gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gmf-dev] Agility of GMF

Greetings everyone.

I stumbled across this project just a few days ago, and I am considering
using
it for a project that is just about to start. I didn't find any "users
list",
so I hope it is ok to post here...

I have gone through the tutorial (mindmap), and find the concepts fairly

intriguing and willing to give it a shot.

I have two questions;

1. From the tutorial I get the impression that one needs to start off
with a
fairly well-defined domain model and you then do the mapping between the
two,
and from there gradually build up the application view.
Now, what happens down the line when the "domain model guys" find a
"flaw" and
need to correct the "domain model"??
Effectively, what are the steps to be taken for CRUD operations on the
classes/attributes/references in the .ecore file to bring the end
product in
sync?

2. Right now I have a difficulty to see dynamic aspects of the
end-result.
Everything seems fairly static. Is it possible for "third-party" to
extend my
model, without having access to the original .ecore files?? Any bird's
eye
view of how that is achieved would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Niclas