RE: [gmf-dev] GMF downloads

Hi Richard,
Wanted to give you a heads up on the EMFT builds situation and also address some of the questions you have. EMFT has starting producing integration builds along with EMF and UML2 every thursday. We also have enabled update manager capabilities today. The update manager site is available at the EMFT download site. EMFT is part of the Callisto train. So when you get a chance you can try to use the update manager and load only the necessary features for GMF in your build target environment. Let me know how is goes. We will be promoting integration builds everyThursday.

Download site for the EMFT builds: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/emft/downloads/
Update Manager Site: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/emft/updates/ (you would need http://download.eclipse.org/technology/emft/updates/site-interim.xml for integration builds)

The GMF runtime will start depending on a new EMFT component called transaction in M5. This is also available in the download site. So when you try to create your target this week you can include the 2 features for transaction (available through the update manager or the transaction runtime sdk). The features are:

org.eclipse.emf.transaction
org.eclipse.emf.workbench

The transaction feature already depends on the validation component.  The update manager can let you assess the current dependency of GMF on EMFT. Let me know how it goes and feel free to contact me if you have any concerns. Your patience is much appreciated.

Thanks
Vishy Ramaswamy

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/20/2006 08:56 AM

Please respond to
"GMF Project developer discussions."

"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [gmf-dev] GMF downloads

Thanks for the reply.

Some minor additions/complications… the runtime will also require EMFT Validation, and the SDK will require EMFT OCL and Query.  So, it’s probably easiest to just have the Runtime require EMFT Validation, OCL, and Query.  We include/ship them all with our Runtime builds today, but as EMFT has started producing builds of their own, we should start using their downloads.

This raises the question of what happens for Callisto, as EMFT is not “on the train”.  I’m not sure of their release plan, but we’ll need a stable build to target for our 1.0 release.  This includes update manager installation, but I’m not sure if EMFT is available via an update site yet.

For now, I’ll continue to pull EMFT from their repo and include it in our builds; that is, until we can get some resolution on the questions above.  As for the changes below, I can try and reconfigure our downloads this weekend or early next week.

Thanks again,
Rich