[gmf-dev] Windows classpath length (again)

A previous message (quoted below) pointed out a bug in Java on Windows, where
some long class names exceed the windows file length limit.  I think I've
encountered this and cannot find a workaround.  I am testing an RCP application
deployed using Java Web Start (JWS) configuration.  In this sample app, I do not
use the full GMF, but only the MEditingDomain and and related emf support so
far.

However, I get this stack trace when attempting to start in application.
Because it's deployed using JWS, I cannot find a way to change the root
deployment location, and this is quite long.  E.g., on Windows, the JWS cache
base path looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\dcarlson\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\

Appending the rather long classpath for the missing class seems to exceed the
limit.  I just upgraded to 1.5.0_06 hoping that an indicated bug fix would
eliminate the error, but no luck...  Any suggestions?  I think that all other
required plugins are present (i.e. not missing one of this class' prereqs).

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/emf/core/internal/domain/MSLAdapterFactoryEditingDomain$
MSLAdapterFactoryEditingDomainResourceSet
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.internal.domain.MSLAdapterFactoryEditingDomain.
<init>(MSLAdapterFactoryEditingDomain.java:46)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.internal.domain.MSLEditingDomain.<init>(MSLEdit
ingDomain.java:170)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.internal.domain.MSLEditingDomain.<init>(MSLEdit
ingDomain.java:154)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.edit.MEditingDomain.<clinit>(MEditingDomain.jav
a:54)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.internal.util.MSLAdapterFactoryManager.register
(MSLAdapterFactoryManager.java:84)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.internal.util.MSLAdapterFactoryManager.init(MSL
AdapterFactoryManager.java:60)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.emf.core.internal.plugin.MSLPlugin.doStartup(MSLPlugin.j
ava:54)
	at
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.core.plugin.XToolsPlugin.start(XToolsPlugin.java:
159)
	at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextIm
pl.java:994)

Thanks,
  Dave Carlson

Back to the top