[gmf-dev] [GMF - API CHANGE] Bugzilla [114587] Part I: Deprecation of AbstractUIResourceManager

Description

The functionality provided by AbstractUIResourceManager is already provided by Eclipse in AbstractUIPlugin.  As part of Bugzilla [114587] I will be deprecating AbstractUIResourceManager.  This Bugzilla will be delivered in three parts.

Part I: Changes required for unmanaged images (images that are not cached)

Summary of changes:
Deprecated  (will delete shortly as those methods don't seem to be used anywhere):
(a) AbstractUIResourceManager#createCachedImageDescriptor(String)
(b) AbstractUIResourceManager#createCursor(String, String)
(c) AbstractUIResourceManager#getFont(String)
(d) AbstractUIResourceManager#createImageURL

Deprecated (will remove after clients migrate):
(e) AbstractUIResourceManager#createImageDescriptor(String)
(f)  AbstractUIResourceManager#createImage(String)

New API Availability

Eclipse API is available in 3.x

Old API Removal

Wednesday, November 16, 2005, unless teams request more time to migrate

Tracking

Bugzilla 114587 Migrate GMF plug-ins to conform with Eclipse standard way of managing Images and Fonts

Clients Taken Care of

None.

Other Clients' Action

Replace with Eclipse solution:
(a) AbstractUIResourceManager#createImageDescriptor(String) -> AbstractUIPlugin.imageDescriptorFromPlugin(String, String)
(b) AbstractUIResourceManager#createImage(String) -> AbstractUIPlugin.imageDescriptorFromPlugin(String, String).createImage()

Regards,
Eliza
--
Eliza Tworkowska mailto:etworkow@xxxxxxxxxx