Re: [gmf-dev] Development Guidelines (draft)

All,

FYI.

I recently ran in trouble trying displaying SVG images in GMF nodes.

If you do not add -Djava.endorsed.dirs=[your xerces dir] to VM options
you just can not use SAX2 parser.

Without this option reading SVG files from
org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.draw2d.renderer.ui  raises an exception :

java.io.IOException: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
	at org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory.createDocument

I don't know if it happens in an Eclipse context. It happens in Rcp for me.

I will create a bugzilla record to track the problem.

cheers,