From: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Gronback
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 9:28 AM
To: GMF Project developer discussions.
Subject: [gmf-dev] Developers list

Hi All,

If you are a Committer and have contributed code from a Developer to the repository, please send me their contact information (Name, Organization, Address, Phone Number, E-mail).

This information is required to obtain a “Foundation database key” for IP tracking purposes.  I am creating our Project Log, as defined here: http://www.eclipse.org/org/processes/Guidelines_for_Eclipse_Development_Process/project-log.html

As stated, we need to maintain a record of all contributions, which is controlled by Committers and therefore falls to us to ensure this log is up to date.  I can use Bugzilla to automate some of this, but only if we are strict about including the necessary information in each commit. Below is a list of what is required for each log entry:

  • component (CVS directory)
  • bug #
  • contributor's name
  • contributor's Foundation database key
  • contribution size (LOC or "small" where small is defined as "less than 100 LOC")
  • description if there is no bug# or if there are multiple bug #s

Just a final reminder… all code that is contributed to the CVS repo needs to come through a patch in Bugzilla and be referenced in the commit comment.

Thanks,

Rich

Richard C. Gronback

Borland Software Corporation