From: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Henrik Rentz-Reichert
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 8:33 AM
To: GMF Project developer discussions.
Subject: Re: [gmf-dev] Development Guidelines (draft)

Hi Rich,

as promised last Friday some comments on the guidelines:

    * It would be worth to mention a couple of things about the eclipse
      releng tool (org.eclipse.releng.tools). You could take the text
      from this place

<http://www.eclipse-plugins.info/eclipse/plugin_details.jsp?id=668>
      (or link to it).
    * If the compiler settings to 1.4 should work then the StringBuilder
      in org.eclipse.gmf.bridge.genmodel.NamingStrategy has to be
      replaced with StringBuffer
    * In the section about templates you could add a comment on Merlin's
      very useful JET editor

Thanks again for this very helpful document.

Best,

Henrik

Richard Gronback wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If you get a chance, can you review this draft document?
> http://www.eclipse.org/gmf/development/development_guidelines.html
>
> Send me your feedback and list of GMF development tips and
> best-practices for inclusion. I'd like to make it very easy for
> newcomers to get started developing GMF, and to give us all a document
> to reference when answering the inevitable repeated requests for such
> information on our mailing list and newsgroup.
>
> Thanks!
>
> *Richard C. Gronback***
>
> Borland Software Corporation
>
> richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> +1 860 227 9215

 Dr. Henrik Rentz-Reichert  mailto://hrr@xxxxxxxxx

 Hafnerstr. 1               fon +49-7533-9342-43
 D-78476 Allensbach         fax              -44