Re: [gmf-dev] Developers list

Hi Rich,

My vote would be to use Bugzilla records.

    Thanks

       - Fred

_________________________________
Frédéric Plante
Rational Software, IBM Software Group
770 Palladium Drive, Ottawa, ON, Canada
tel: (613) 591-7034

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/08/2005 09:28 AM

Please respond to
"GMF Project developer discussions."

"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[gmf-dev] Developers list

Hi All,

If you are a Committer and have contributed code from a Developer to the repository, please send me their contact information (Name, Organization, Address, Phone Number, E-mail).

This information is required to obtain a “Foundation database key” for IP tracking purposes.  I am creating our Project Log, as defined here: http://www.eclipse.org/org/processes/Guidelines_for_Eclipse_Development_Process/project-log.html

As stated, we need to maintain a record of all contributions, which is controlled by Committers and therefore falls to us to ensure this log is up to date.  I can use Bugzilla to automate some of this, but only if we are strict about including the necessary information in each commit. Below is a list of what is required for each log entry:
  • component (CVS directory)
  • bug #
  • contributor's name
  • contributor's Foundation database key
  • contribution size (LOC or "small" where small is defined as "less than 100 LOC")
  • description if there is no bug# or if there are multiple bug #s
Just a final reminder… all code that is contributed to the CVS repo needs to come through a patch in Bugzilla and be referenced in the commit comment.

Thanks,
Rich

Richard C. Gronback
Borland Software Corporation