[gmf-dev] GMF build questions...

Hi Rich,

I have some questions about the GMF build that is being instrumented.

1. Is the goal to have this operational for the M2 Eclipse 3.2 milestone?  Sept 23 (?)

2. Is the target going to be against Eclipse 3.2 stream?  If so, should the jar be still binary compatible with 3.1.x ?

3. Are we planning to automate the JUnit runs with the build?  If so, will it be run against multiple platform targets?  Looking at the GEF site, it looks like they run tests against linux_gtk and win2k.  I'm not sure if these are automated are not (I can find out).

4. Deployment issues: It looks like the initial goal is to create a single jar for clients to consume.  However, I'm assuming the Batik and Antrl plug-ins would remain separate jars?  I think this is important because some clients may not wish to include additional open source jars in their product for legal reasons.  Additionally we should consider alternate deployment scenarios that may be desirable.

Here's some possibilities:
- Batik extension of Runtime (gmf_runtime_batik.jar + batik.jar)   To isolate the batik open source dependency
- RCP version of Runtime (gmf_runtime_rcp.jar)        For clients wishing to create RCP applications
- IDE version of Runtime          (gmf_runtime_ide.jar)        Separating out the IDE dependency
- Runtime (gmf_runtime_rcp.jar + gmf_runtime_ide.jar + gmf_runtime_batik.jar)
- DSL toolkit (gmf_dsl.jar + Runtime)

Thoughts?

-Steve
Steven R. Shaw
Rational Modeling Platform Diagram Layer Lead
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
770 Palladium Drive, Kanata, ON, Canada, K2V 1C8
tel: 613.591.7979
steveshaw@xxxxxxxxxx

gmf-dev mailing list
gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx