RE: [gmf-dev] GMF build process

Additional note:

To build the (new) gmf.runtime plug-ins there is a dependency to some external jars ("antlr" and "batik").  You would need to get the plug-ins that wrap these jars - currently:
org.eclipse.gmf/contributions/ibm-gmf-runtime/source/antrl
org.eclipse.gmf/contributions/ibm-gmf-runtime/source/org.apache.batik

The jars are not physically in these plug-ins for legal reasons (may be not necessary anymore?).  You have to follow the readme.txt inside the root of these plug-ins to find the URL to retrieve the jars from and then place them in the appropriate sub-directory.

Since these are required plug-ins.  Any suggestion for where they should be migrated to in the main repository?  I propose:
org.eclipse.gmf/external.

There will be complications if we cannot physically put the jars in the corresponding plug-ins for the build.  The build would have to dynamically retrieve the jars from the URLs?  Rich: is this something you could follow up with the Eclipse council?

Regards,

Steve.
Steven R. Shaw
Rational Modeling Platform Diagram Layer Lead
Rational Software | IBM Software Group
770 Palladium Drive, Kanata, ON, Canada, K2V 1C8
tel: 613.591.7979
steveshaw@xxxxxxxxxx

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/01/2005 07:27 AM

Please respond to
"GMF Project developer discussions."

"GMF Project developer discussions." <gmf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [gmf-dev] GMF build process

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for trying this out.  It may be best to wait until the current
refactoring is done, which I can focus on now that EclipseWorld is over.

It seems there is a problem finding/reading the build.cfg file, which is
fetched from CVS with the org.eclipse.gmf.releng project.  This file
contains the default values for eclipseURL etc.  It should be found in
the .\scripts\build\sdk\maps\org.eclipse.gmf.releng\maps directory if
all is well.

The baseLocation property is indeed the location of eclipse.exe (eclipse
root directory) of the installation against which to compile.

Best,
Rich