[gmf-dev] GMF build process

Hi Rich,

I have a couple of questions concerning the build process.

I know, you are just adapting the build stuff to the refectored IBM
runtime. So my questions come to an unfavourable time. Maybe you will
want to adapt everything and answer my questions then.

I followed the instructions found in your 'GMF Build Instructions' at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/*checkout*/org.eclipse.gmf/releng/org.eclipse.gmf.releng.builder/readme.html?cvsroot=Technology_Project.

I was trying to run
build.bat -Dcomponent=sdk

and had an error because of a missing : seperator after the host names
in (following the result of a grep):

./org.eclipse.gmf.releng.builder/runtime/build.properties:mapsRepo=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/home/technology
./org.eclipse.gmf.releng.builder/sdk/build.properties:mapsRepo=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/home/technology
./org.eclipse.gmf.releng.builder/tests/build.properties:mapsRepo=:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/home/technology

where it should be :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/home/technology

After fixing this I had the error

F:\gmfbuild\org.eclipse.gmf.releng.builder\sdk\customTargets.xml:99:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ${eclipseBaseURL}

checking that I found in

./org.eclipse.releng.basebuilder/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.1.0/templates/build.properties

the lines 106ff:
eclipseURL=<url for eclipse download site>
eclipseBuildId=<Id of Eclipse build to get>
eclipseBaseURL=${eclipseURL}/eclipse-platform-${eclipseBuildId}-win32.zip

Of course this has to be adapted (to what?).

My commandline was

F:\gmfbuild\org.eclipse.gmf.releng.builder\scripts>build.bat
-DbaseLocation=F:\eclipse3.1\eclipse-SDK-3.1-win32\eclipse
-Dcomponent=sdk

(I assumed the base location is where my eclipse.exe resides, right?)

Can you help me in making the build process run?

Kind regards,

Henrik

    Dr. Henrik Rentz-Reichert

    Hafnerstr. 1