From: gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gmf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Henrik Rentz-Reichert
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 7:19 AM
To: GMF Project developer discussions.
Subject: Re: [gmf-dev] IP Policy information

Hi Rich,

the guidelines state that "The Project Log must be available via a
public url on the project's website". Do you already have a log file in
place (I have never seen one in other projects...)?

Regards,

Henrik

Richard Gronback wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Just as a reminder, as we were reminded ourselves of this during last
> week's Council meetings, the burden of the IP policy enforcement at
> Eclipse falls largely on the Committers.  So, I just want to cover a
few
> points here so that we are all doing our best to make sure GMF stays
> "clean" regarding IP matters.
>
> -       All projects are required to maintain a project log, described
> here:

_http://www.eclipse.org/org/processes/Guidelines_for_Eclipse_Development
_Process/project-log.html_.
> I will maintain the log, but need everyone to read and understand it.
>
> -       There are guidelines on copyright and license notice verbiage
> required for all source code files found here:
> _http://www.eclipse.org/legal/copyrightandlicensenotice.html_  (Note
> that the releng tool found here:

_http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.1-200506271435/
download.php?dropFile=org.eclipse.releng.tools_3.1.0.zip_
> includes a "Fix Copyrights..." utility that will insert the proper
> copyright statement (with IBM as copyright owner by default).
>
> -       Note that currently, "less than 100 LOC" is considered a small
> contribution and does not require a contribution questionnaire.
> However, we DO need to list it in the project log, so let's make sure
we
> are referencing Bugzilla numbers on all commits which come in through
> Bugzilla contributions.  Also, be sure to obtain all the required
> information from the contributor: name, email, lines of code.
>
> -       Finally, do not accept contributions via email, ftp, floppy
> disk, etc.  All contributions from external (non-Committer) sources
must
> go through Bugzilla.  This and the former point will allow us to
> generate much of the log and track these easier.
>
> Thanks everyone!
>
> Best,
>
> *Richard C. Gronback*****
>
> Borland Software Corporation