AW: [gmf-dev] Conversation starter...

Hi all,

When manually building an editor I notice that the core of its behavior
we define by event filtering and propagation: keeping stateful histories
of user gestures, recognizing certain event traces as model-level
commands, percolating them to the M (as in MVC), and so on.

Being able to specify how some events are to be handled by the runtime
on its own goes a long way towards abstracting-away custom event
generation and consumption. This can be seen at work in Visio when
specifying a geometrical constraint (e.g. resize and reposition a
container figure to always hold the figures it groups)

How to express the scopes to handle events?
Which events can be handled by the run-time on its own?

However I'm afraid I don't have more concrete suggestions regarding
constructs for the forthcoming modeling language to reflect the event
scoping mentioned above.

Miguel

--
Miguel Garcia                                     miguel.garcia@xxxxxxx
AB Softwaresysteme (STS) TU Hamburg-Harburg     Tel: (+49)40-42878-2929

Back to the top