[glimmer-dev] Glimmer setup questions

Hello Andy (and anyone else)

Glimmer looks like a very interesting project. I'm interested in using
it to make Eclipse RCP development more enjoyable. However, I haven't
gotten very far.

I've run into the following issues:
1. In the README it states (in 3b of the instructions for using with
Eclipse) "java.library.path; must point to
ECLIPSE_HOME%/plugins/org.eclipse.swt* folder"

I am using Eclipse 3.4 and there is no org.eclipse.swt* folder.

I only have jar files:
org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86.source_3.4.0.v3448f.jar
org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86_3.4.0.v3448f.jar
org.eclipse.swt_3.4.0.v3448f.jar
org.eclipse.ve.swt_1.4.0.v20080910.jar

What should I set java.library.path to in this case?

2. I'm trying glimmer with jruby 1.1.6RC1 (I know I should switch to
1.1.5 since Glimmer is known to work with it) and
> jruby -S rake test_core
produces

  1) Failure:
test_data_binding_selection_property(GlimmerComboDataBindingTest)
[test/glimmer_combo_data_binding_test.rb:44]:
<0> expected but was
<-1>.

Not sure if this is related to my lack of java.library.path or to
changes in jruby 1.1.6.  Just thought I'd mention it incase it is the
latter.

3. I have a slight update to the README.
	In "Instruction for use with Eclipse:" there should be a "2a. jruby
-S gem install facets" to let non Ruby people (like me) know which gems
are required.

4. This is a more general usage question. I have an Eclipse RCP
application that I would like to use Glimmer in. It seems like to use
Glimmer you'd launch the .rb files from jruby. If I want to mix Glimmer
into an Eclipse RCP application that is getting deployed as an exe how
would that work? Is it even possible?

5. I would have posted these questions to the news group, but
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/post.php?newsgroups=eclipse.technology.glimmer&type=new
always makes me log in (even though I'm already logged in and can create
new messages on other news groups)

Ruby is brand new to me, so I apologize if some of these questions are
obvious to Ruby users.

Anyhow, I think Glimmer looks great!

thanks,

Patrick