Re: [gemini-dev] org.osgi.service.http.HttpService in Gemini-Web

Hello,

The HTTP service, as defined in OSGi compendium specification, is focused purely on the run time, as well as manual construction of the servlet context, and thus does not actually support the standard Servlet packaging and deployment model based on the Web Application Archive.
The OSGi web applications specification leverages the standard deployment model within a standard OSGi framework. Standard web applications are deployed to the Web Container, as is, with no changes to the content of the WAR deployment unit required. (For example instead of registering servlets manual, developers use the standard way of describing servlets through web.xml/annotations.)

Regards
Violeta