[gemini-dev] Gemini JPA "Malformed URL" Problems in Released Eclipse Product

Hello,

I've been using Gemini JPA over the past month with much success. Everything works nicely when running my product through the eclipse IDE. Unfortunately, I've encountered a series of problems while running they deployed product (deployed using the Product Export Wizard). This current problem has me a little stumped.

I'm running in an OSGi environment (equinox). I have a persistence bundle which the persistence unit xml file and entity classes.
When I attempt to "createEntityManagerFactory", I get a chain of exceptions which indicates a null URL. Unfortunately, I can't tell which URL is null, or why it is null in the release build and not in the eclipse ide environment. Perhaps your familiarity with the internal flow can uickly shed some light on what I'm missing, or what I should look for -- or which additional information you might need.
Unfortunately, it looks like the exception that might be giving me the information I need is being interrupted by another minor exception.
I'll keep perusing the code on your SCM webviews in the meantime.

Thanks for your help, and the technology.
And I'm sorry if I'm posting to the wrong list (please let me know).
Thanks,

Darren.

Attempting getResources(META-INF/persistence.xml) on org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.classloader.BundleProxyClassLoader@c25480([OUR PERSISTENCE BUNDLE #90])
Found resources(META-INF/persistence.xml) from org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.classloader.BundleProxyClassLoader@c25480([OUR PERSISTENCE BUNDLE #90])
Attempting getResources(META-INF/persistence.xml) on org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.classloader.BundleProxyClassLoader@39a91f(org.eclipse.gemini.jpa)
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [EclipseLink-30005] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while searching for persistence archives with ClassLoader: org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.classloader.CompositeClassLoader@18e3c98
Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-30009] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while trying to load persistence unit at url: bundleresource://90.fwk8238128
Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-30004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while processing persistence.xml from URL: bundleresource://90.fwk8238128
Internal Exception: java.net.MalformedURLException
        at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionSearchingForPersistenceResources(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:126)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:115)
        at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.java:278)
        at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.createEMF(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFBuilderServiceProxyHandler.createEMF(EMFBuilderServiceProxyHandler.java:107)
        at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.syncGetEMFAndSetIfAbsent(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:106)
        at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFBuilderServiceProxyHandler.invoke(EMFBuilderServiceProxyHandler.java:96)
        at $Proxy13.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.javax.persistence.osgi.OSGiProviderResolver.lookupEMFBuilder(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.javax.persistence.osgi.OSGiProviderResolver.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown Source)
        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Unknown Source)
        at [OUR CODE]
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-30009] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while trying to load persistence unit at url: bundleresource://90.fwk8238128
Internal Exception: Exception [EclipseLink-30004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while processing persistence.xml from URL: bundleresource://90.fwk8238128
Internal Exception: java.net.MalformedURLException
        at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionLoadingFromUrl(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:99)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processPersistenceArchive(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:538)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.getPersistenceUnits(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:444)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.findPersistenceUnitInfoInArchive(JPAInitializer.java:172)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.findPersistenceUnitInfoInArchives(JPAInitializer.java:154)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.JPAInitializer.findPersistenceUnitInfo(JPAInitializer.java:135)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProvider.java:73)
        ... 56 more
Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-30004] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException
Exception Description: An exception was thrown while processing persistence.xml from URL: bundleresource://90.fwk8238128
Internal Exception: java.net.MalformedURLException
        at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.PersistenceUnitLoadingException.exceptionProcessingPersistenceXML(PersistenceUnitLoadingException.java:117)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processPersistenceXML(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:579)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processPersistenceArchive(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:536)
        ... 61 more
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:617)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:480)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:429)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:626)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:189)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:799)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:123)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1210)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:568)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processPersistenceXML(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:577)
        ... 62 more
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:522)
        ... 72 more

Back to the top