[gemini-dev] Gemini JPA - EntityManager question

Dear Gemini developers,

I know its a developer ml, but I just didnt find any user mail list for Gemini JPA, so I put my question here.

Is it possible to configure an EntityManager with the database URL from code, via EntityManager's EntityManager(Map m) constructor?

So far I made it work from persistence.xml, but I tried to have a Map in the constructor of EM (with only one URL property, other props stayed in persistence.xml), and get the following error during EM instantiantion:

Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.0.v20110604-r9504): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: URL was not specified

Do you have any ideas, how to make this "programmable" configuration work?

Thank in advance,
András Liter

Back to the top