Re: [gemini-dev] Plans for Gemini JPA 1.0.0 RC2 and beyond

Hi Ed,

Answers inline.

-Mike

On 6/1/2011 9:05 AM, Bartsch, Eduard wrote:

I have some questions about Gemini JPA:

Are there any plans to provide Gemini JPA 1.0.0 RC2 in the next days/weeks?

Yes, after talking to people it was decided that a few bug fixes/enhancements were needed before releasing 1.0. I am currently putting those features in and plan to include them in RC2 by next week.

What is the timeline for release of Gemini JPA 1.0.0? Will it happen together with Indigo?

We had no plans to make the Indigo train and were not able to do the extra train management effort to get on the train. The plan is for it to occur a little afterward.

Will Gemini JPA 1.0.0 be based on EclipseLink 2.3? When the migration (bug 344328) is going to happen?

Yes, This is the reason why we need to wait until after Indigo for the release. I want there to be a production release available of the version of EclipseLink that we depend on.

Will the patch for bug 342996 “Persistence units from lazy bundles are not re-registered after bundle restart” go into 1.0.0 or into 1.1.0?

I can add this patch in if you folks really need it. Seems like a small change.

Thanks and best regards,

Ed