[gemini-dev] gemini tests

Hi all,

I know that Bob, you are using the Spring OSGi test framework, and the mocks, and I assume that Costin is also using this framework. Glyn, are you using it as well?

I may actually get some testing resources for the Gemini JPA project, since EclipseLink wants to make use of the Gemini code and wants some testing done on it. We were considering suggesting the Spring OSGi test framework for their QA but have some questions:

- The tests need to extend a framework class, and that seems kind of hard to fit existing tests into. Is there a common delegate or workaround to get around this? - With a bundle getting synthesized and installed at test execution time I am worried about the magic being confusing to the QA people. Is this a valid concern? - With a generated bundle being installed that includes the tests, I was wondering how hard it would be for QA folks to debug when things go south during a test? - Do the results surface in a way that QA would be able to see an automated test result and determine where things went wrong (for example if the framework didn't start)? - I assume that it doesn't have dependencies on Spring DM. What about other third party jars?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Mike

Back to the top