[gemini-dev] JPA in a WAB

I'd like to propose Gemini Web provide support for JPA in WABs.

It's pretty common for developers to put both their web components and their backing JPA Entities into a WAR and so I think it would be useful to provide support for this configuration in Gemini.  I think support for JPA in a WAR would amount to detection of a persistence.xml file inside the WAR and the addition of the necessary "Meta-Persistence" entry into the Manifest of the WAB.  And coordination of Gemini JPA and Web services would be necessary to ensure peaceful co-existence when a bundle contains both JPA and web content.

Before going deeper does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Is this already in the plans for Gemini Web?

    Shaun

--
Oracle
Shaun Smith | Principal Product Manager

Green Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

Back to the top