Re: [gef3d-dev] 3d canvas in opera

Hi Madhu,

actually I'm tutoring a master thesis about bringing GEF3D to the web with RAP and WebGL :-) Web GL is based on Opengl ES, that is it is very similar to OpenGL, except some missing functions (most of all no glBegin and glEnd). As far as I see it, the biggest problem is RAP: It is no real SWT implementation, too much things are missing. Besides, it uses an elder version of some JavaScript library, which doesn't support Canvas or Canvas3D... Although I think this is the right combination of techniques (RAP + WebGL), but RAP has to be improved. I will post a screenshot as soon as the thesis is submitted ...

Cheers

Jens

Back to the top