Re: [gef3d-dev] Renderer isn't loading in standalone

Kristian, please see below..

On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Kristian Duske wrote:

Hi Miles,

is there a line in your log file that looks something like

"Extension found: <something>, Contributor: <something else>" ?

No, just the one that says that the lwlgl one can't be found..

The LWJGL plugin is there as well as the LWJGL implementation of graphics3d. If the above line is missing, then the extension defined by org.eclipse.draw3d.lwjgl of the extension point "org.eclipse.draw3d.graphics3d" was not found during the initialization of the org.eclipse.draw3d.graphics3d plugin. I didn't write this code, but maybe the initialization order is wrong and the code that loads the plugin descriptors (in Graphics3DRegistry.updateDescriptors()) gets executed before the org.eclipse.draw3d.lwjgl plugin is loaded, so that the extension point has not been registered. An easy way to check this is to uncomment the line

Yes I was wondering if it was an ordering thing as well. It's weird but my graphics code perfroms better under the runtime so things might be happening in a different order in terms of instantiation of classes and the actual grpahis infrastruutre.

//		updateDescriptors();

in line 70 of Graphics3DRegistry. Is there an easy way for you to try this?

Yep. I can just spin off a plugin here for any gef3d changes. Did you mean "Line 47"?

Best regards
gef3d-dev mailing list
gef3d-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx