Re: [gef3d-dev] Copyright issues related to CQ2806

Hi all,

On 28.04.2009, at 18:20, Kristian Duske wrote:
Draw3D:
Haven't found anything that differs from your results in Draw3D.

OK

GEF3D:

HandleBounds3D doesn't look like it was copied from anywhere, it simply extends two interfaces and adds one method. What's up with that?

The comment has been copied.

org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.MoveHandle3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.MoveHandle3DFactory

Same goes for this class. Even if it was copied at one point, the code in there is so simple that I don't think that anyone can have a copyright on it.

Again, comments were copied and the basic structure (what to return when).

org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.MoveHandleLocator3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.NonResizableHandle3DFactory
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.ResizableHandle3DFactory
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.ResizeHandle3D

It seems that the classes in this entire package are so simple - I don't see how that stuff can be copyrighted. On the other hand, better safe than sorry I guess.

Exactly: "Better safe than sorry". I assume in most cases it would be difficult to copyright any stuff, but it's all EPL, we (I) definitely copied things, so I have no problem adding this copyright notice.

I have modified the headers of the following files:
org.eclipse.gef3d.preferences.BitFieldEditor (was copied from org.eclipse.jface.preference.RadioGroupFieldEditor)

This may be a problematic case since we don't use the jface plugin from which RadioGroupFieldEditor originates - Sharon Corbett noted that if we didn't reuse the plugin we copied from, we need to open a new CQ.

OK, we'll add this file to the list and ask Sharon.

org .eclipse .gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor3D#createGraphicalViewer(Composite) - copied from GEF GraphicalViewer class. org .eclipse .gef3d .examples .ecore.diagram.part.EcoreDiagramEditor3D#configureGraphicalViewer() was copied from GEF GraphicalEditor and GMF DiagramEditor.

Oh yes, of course. So, we'll submit the following list to the CQ:

Draw3D:
org.eclipse.draw3d.AbstractRouter3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.ChopboxAnchor3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.Connection3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.ConnectionAnchor3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.ConnectionRouter3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.FreeformLayer3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.Polyline3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.PolylineConnection3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.RelativeLocator3D
org.eclipse.draw3d.draw2dports.FreeformHelper

GEF3D:
org.eclipse.gef3d.editpolicies.NonResizableEditPolicy3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.editpolicies.ResizableEditPolicy3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.AbstractHandle3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.HandleBounds3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.MoveHandle3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.MoveHandle3DFactory
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.MoveHandleLocator3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.NonResizableHandle3DFactory
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.ResizableHandle3DFactory
org.eclipse.gef3d.handles.ResizeHandle3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.tools.DragEditPartsTracker3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.tools.ResizeTracker3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor3DWithFlyoutPalette
org.eclipse.gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor3DWithPalette
org.eclipse.gef3d.preferences.BitFieldEditor

GEF3D-Examples:
org.eclipse.gef3d.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.examples.ecore.diagram.part.EcoreDiagramEditor3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.examples.uml2.activity.part.UMLDiagramEditor3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.examples.uml2.clazz.part.UMLDiagramEditor3D
org.eclipse.gef3d.examples.uml2.usecase.part.UMLDiagramEditor3D

Cheers,

Jens

Back to the top