[gef-dev] Latest Zest for GEF-classic

Hi all!

Triggered by the recent activity in GEF-classic and the wiki.eclipse.org migration I wanted to mention that the original version of Zest 2 (which added pruned subgraph rendering, new layout algorithms, Graphviz DOT support and word cloud visualization) was originally developed for the GEF3/classic code base. So if there is interest in the community, it should be possible to integrate that into GEF-classic.

Some time ago I saved that last GEF3-based state of Zest in https://github.com/fsteeg/zest, which seems to correspond to [1] in the gef repo. The latest documentation for that version seems to be here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Zest&oldid=319996
https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Zest/DOT&oldid=330938

(I can't find the original page for the word cloud component, see [2].)

I enabled notifications for the wiki migration issue [3] and will try to at least preserve that documentation.

Cheers,
Fabian

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/gef/tree/94a47b1df21ca59921acffd7eba442899b5580f1
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=Zest/Cloudio&action=history