Re: [gef-dev] GitHub migration, Oxygen release plans

Hi,

sorry for resurrecting this topic, but a related thought has crossed my mind: given that upstream technologies, such as Sirius, GMF or Graphiti have not yet migrated to GEF4, if we rename the GEF4 bundles to the org.eclipse.gef namespace, would it be still possible to install GEF3 and GEF5 together?

I guess there will be a need for that.

Thanks,
Zoltán
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi

Eclipse Technologies Expert
IncQueryLabs Ltd.

> On 04 Jun 2016, at 09:58, Alexander Nyßen <nyssen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 3) Further, I would propose to plan another major release (5.0.0) for Oxygen, and there adopt the ‚GEF4' code base to the original project namespace, migrating all ‚GEF4' bundles and features from the org.eclipse.gef4.* namespace to the original org.eclipse.gef.* namespace (and adopting their versions to 5.0.0 instead of 2.0.0). This could be done without colliding with the GEF 3.x bundles and features (so we would not have to rename these).

Back to the top