Re: [gef-dev] How to continue after Mars?

Hi team,

while not all team members have answered my initial post (see below) yet, it seems 1b) could be our release strategy to follow after Mars.

I checked with Wayne and if we provide a pure bugfix release (i.e. we do not add new functionality and do not change public API), we might plan a service release for Mars SR1 that does not require a release review. Technically, we could still label the GEF4 part of the release as 0.2.0 (to indicate we change provisional API) , but if we refer to the overall release as 3.10.1, labeling GEF4 as 0.1.1 could be more adequate.

As we are expected to provide Mars SR1 RC1 already at 17th of August, I have create an initial release plan (https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.gef/releases/3.10.1-mars-sr1) that adds two milestones before RC1, namely M1 at 6th of July and M2 at 27th of July (the sim-rel release plan does not define any milestones prior to RC1).

I would further propose to defer any actions related to 2) and 3) to after the Mars SR1 release. That will give us enough time to set everything up properly before releasing for Neon.

Cheers
Alexander