[gef-dev] Migrated GEF4 to e(fx)clipse 2.0.0

Hi all,

as a preparation for our Mars M7 contribution, I just migrated our GEF4 code base to make use of e(fx)clipse 2.0.0. That means that GEF4 will from now on not work with earlier versions of e(fx)clipse. I have updated our contributor guide (https://wiki.eclipse.org/GEF/Contributor_Guide) accordingly and validated that this does not affect compatibility with Luna (GEF4 can still run against a Luna target and can also still be developed with a Luna development environment).

In detail I updated our Luna and Mars targets to consume the e(fx)clipse 2.0.0 M7 preview contribution Tom Schindl has promoted to http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/simrel-contrib/mars/m7/shared/site (I will update the Mars target to point to the Mars simultaneous release site after M7, and the Luna target to point to the final e(fx)clipse 2.0.0 release after it has been promoted) and validated that we can still use a Luna SR2 or Mars development environment with the e(fx)clipse PDE integration that is provided on the e(fx)clipse IDE nightly site (http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/updates-nightly/site) today, which is currently not available from a fixed update site (but will be promoted to the Mars simultaneous release site with M7).

Cheers
Alexander
--
Dr. Alexander Nyßen
Dipl.-Inform.

Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-202
Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 /  17396743

http://www.itemis.de
alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621

Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Michael Neuhaus, Jennifer Fiorentino