Re: [gef-dev] Graph Structure Proposal

Hi,
see below.

On 28.07.2014, at 19:21, Alexander Nyßen <alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) Shouldn't we now also split it into two bundles, i.e. have an org.eclipse.gef4.kgraph and org.eclipse.gef4.kgraph.impl?

If we have only one implementation, splitting the interfaces from the implementation is not necessary, as far as I understand.

> 2) Why do we haven a MapPropertyHolder as well as an EMapPropertyHolder and related EMapPropertyHolderImpl? Couldn't we simply remove the manually coded MapPropertyHolder and rename the EMapPropertyHolder to MapPropertyHolder, so that MapPropertyHolderImpl would be its proper replacement?

The EMapPropertyHolder is based on an EMap, while the MapPropertyHolder is based on a HashMap. The latter is useful for including the properties mechanism in other data structures without EMF.

> Miro, Christoph-Daniel, what do you think about Zoltan's result? Would that generally serve to fulfill your requirements as well?
>
> As announced, I have spent some time on extending the IAdaptable mechanism (we can now bind the adapters under roles; everything is now available within GEF4 Common) and will take another look at the properties mechanism now. Maybe there's a potential for some synergy. I will keep you updated.

After a quick look it seemed to me that Zoltan's result could work for us. So the biggest open question is how to handle the properties. We’ll await your proposal.

Regards
  Miro

Back to the top