Re: [gef-dev] Zest FX UI contribution

Hi Tom,

thanks for revisiting this issue. It looks really promising; I have some ideas how to extend it to support additional properties (e.g. containment relations for trees; or further attributes for tables), but I am looking forward to how do you imagine this.

However I have a question. I don't see how this API could be extended to handle model changes: if the internal model changes, I would like to update the viewer contents as required. I know, this was quite cumbersome in the original JFace API, as for model changes I had to call the add/remove methods of the Viewer from the content provider, but the functionality was there. In this API, I don't see how this could be achieved.

Cheers,
Zoltán
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz