Re: [gef-dev] Zest FX UI contribution

[...]

> In summary, I guess, JFace Viewers API support is still not a strict requirement, but I would have troubles designing a different API that is still at least as good for creating the displayable models.

JFace would drag in SWT and isn't GEF4 to be widget toolkit neutral?

Beside that I think the JFace-API shows is age in it's API:

* useage of Array-Types (=> you can not generify it completely no
  matter how many GOSC projects you setup)

* No SAM-Types wouldn't you want to write a label-provider like this in
  Java8

  Viewer<Person> v = new Viewer<>();
  v.setTextLabelProvider( (o) -> o.name );

* Hard SWT-Dependency

* (I could go on with more :-)

Tom

Back to the top