Re: [gef-dev] Which GEF version is for Luna

Hallo Konstantin,

we will contribute GEF 3.9.100 for Luna. However, there is actually no 3.9.100 milestone built available yet. Up to the publication of M7 (due for 05.05.14) there will only be 3.9.100 integration builds, as the official M6 milestone build still was a 3.9.2.

To clarify any confusion: we decided to publish a service release instead of an initially intended minor release after M5, that's why up to and including M5 we actually published GEF 3.10.0 milestones (I have already cleared those away on the GEF update-sites and download page; they are however still included in the simrel update site, which always contains the last three published milestones). As we thought that 3.9.2 would be the proper version for such a service release (as we published 3.9.1 for Kepler), we actually published a GEF 3.9.2 milestone for M6. After some discussion on the cross-project mailing list, we clarified that 3.9.100 would actually the proper version for such a service release, because we are actually targeting a new development stream. We will thus contribute GEF 3.9.100 to Luna (which complies to our releases in the project meta-data). However, as M6 is still the current milestone (M7 is due for 05.05.14), we have only published 3.9.100 interim-builds so far. With M7, the first 3.9.100 milestone will be published, and I will clear away any 3.9.2 builds (including the M6 build) when doing so. From an adopters perspective things are not that critical, as all 3.9.100 integration builds are produced from the same development stream (git origin/master) as the 3.9.2 M6 build (which will also hold for all upcoming 3.9.100 milestone builds).

Cheers
Alexander