Re: [gef-dev] Draw2d/GEF 4.0

Sorry for my ruf, maybe break this thread:)
In my practice, GEF hide more things, the result is: you must live a
scoped world. Draw2d paint mode let you not so easy to handle filter
and other effect. Zest not so clear that what's dependcy.
Even more, SWT is a really sucess product, but how long will be? I
mean, the whole world ajaxied.
As a desktop application, it cannot provide a nice desktop than the web.
Does anyone feel laughing and joking?
SVG, almost same era with SWT, seems the web know only the VG, instead
of SWT and others. it seems prove a word: people's eye is most
brilliant.
E4, seems look like a beautity, IMHO, no more change. but more
dependency added. If someone in swt dev list , maybe my ON swt thread
worth to check out again.
There is no change in nature.
So you can not employ SWT do more thing. if you do, just another way of AWT.
Someone says java dead, my thoughts, maybe.
Indeed, SWT and eclipse, the years, should get a rich pratice
experience. How to change? there should have a inference, not?
I wish:
SWT, 1, remove device resource from the api. there is really resource,
isnot? just a thing controlled by our code.
2, declaration style, like web (what's web? web is wrong position with
wrong thing), forgot the xml, pay attention to other, for me just ON.
3, graphics with draw2d 4, to VG level, as to paint model, hehe
4, binding? seems sapphire have a good idea, focus the representation
instead of window or form, aleta...
5, auto integeration, GMF is good sample. BTW Anthony, I wonder if
some one claim the GMF so slow?

Hope is hope, one can not without hope:)

Best,
qinxian

Back to the top