Re: [gef-dev] Zest 2.0 with Draw2d/GEF 4.0

Well, the code is already there, so using it is not *really* a problem. My question was more concerned about official API-release (from which on API would be fixed) I was asking for. If we decide to perform a major version change for Draw2d/GEF in Indigo+1 (which is the main reason I was asking this for), it would give us the chance to better align both the GEF project components without having to deprecate API in Zest 2.0 or having to ship a Zest 3.0 in turn. If a major version change in Draw2d/GEF is no option, than there would be no point in "postponing" Zest. And if it would be fine to come up with a Zest 3.0 in Indigo+1 either (if there have to be breaking changes to better align Draw2d and Zest).

Cheers,
Alexander

Am 17.02.2011 um 18:47 schrieb Miles Parker:

> I would *really* like to see 2.0 in Indigo..even if it was just what is there now, there are pieces that my project could use. Is there a problem with doing 2.0 + 3.7 that I'm missing?
>
> On Feb 17, 2011, at 9:32 AM, Alexander Nyßen wrote:
>
>> Hi team,
>>
>> as this has somehow got lost in the latest thread and nobody really commented on it, let me ask the following again:
>>
>> "What about the option to deliver Zest 1.x together with GEF 3.7 for Indigo and to come up with a Zest 2.0 & Draw2d/GEF 4.0 combination in 2012?".
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexander
>> --
>> Dr. Alexander Nyßen
>> Dipl.-Inform.
>> Software-Engineer
>>
>> Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-210
>> Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
>> Mobil: +49 (0) 151 /  17396743
>>
>> http://www.itemis.de
>> alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> itemis AG
>> Am Brambusch 15-24
>> 44536 Lünen
>>
>> Rechtlicher Hinweis:
>>
>> Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621
>>
>> Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus
>>
>> Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Stephan Grollmann, Michael Neuhaus

Dr. Alexander Nyßen
Dipl.-Inform.
Software-Engineer

Telefon: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-210
Telefax: +49 (0) 231 / 98 60-211
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 /  17396743

http://www.itemis.de
alexander.nyssen@xxxxxxxxx

itemis AG
Am Brambusch 15-24
44536 Lünen

Rechtlicher Hinweis:

Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 20621

Vorstand: Jens Wagener (Vors.), Wolfgang Neuhaus, Dr. Georg Pietrek, Jens Trompeter, Sebastian Neus

Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Burkhard Igel (Vors.), Stephan Grollmann, Michael Neuhaus

Back to the top