[gef-dev] Zest - your opinion about a contribution

Hi,

I'm Erika Contiero, a student of master degree in Computer Science at
the University of Padua, in Italy. For my graduation thesis I
developed a project for an open source product, using Zest as a Java
library to draw graphs.

I developed a new layout algorithm using Zest Graph, GraphNode and
GraphConnection, to place nodes with a hierarchical style, since I was
not able to obtain good results using DirectGraphLayoutAlgorithm.
I also developed a method to export the graph view as an image file,
and a method to create nodes choosing the preferred shape, not only
rounded rectangle shaped.

I'm writing this email to ask you: can this code be useful for Zest
project? How can I contribute to improve the project?
These classes now are out of Zest class structure, and they use some
data and methods added to GraphNode and GraphConnection. Should I try
to put them in Zest class structure to make them useful for Zest
project?

I hope you will give me your opinion.
I thank you very much for your attention and I hope this hasn't been
an inconvenience.

Erika Contiero

Back to the top