Re: [gef-dev] Eclipse plug-in to build applications using WYGIWYS approach

I don't know for sure, but I think some of the existing GUI builder projects (like SWT Designer) [1] are built using GEF. I would say that GEF is likely the best Eclipse/RCP based choice for building such applications (you might even consider GMF [2], which brings the modeling aspect from EMF together with the graphical editing of GEF). -- GMF might be overkill for you, but still work looking at.

[1] http://www.instantiations.com/windowbuilder/swtdesigner/index.html?id=2
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/gmf/

hope that helps,
Ian