Re: [gef-dev] plugin development by using GEF

GEF is definitely the right technology for this. This particular list is for the development of GEF itself, and as such, it's not the best place to get help using GEF.

I would suggest looking at the GEF newsgroup for particular questions:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=81

A quick google search for "getting started with gef" brought up this result:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-GEF-diagram-editor/shape.html

good luck,
Ian