[gef-dev] Using GEF Plugin As an Library

Hello All,

I just want to make sure on one thing. I think, to run a GEF shapes example, eclipse must be there in my system. Because it requires eclipse to run, opens another eclipse workbench & running. Is it possible to develop my own simple java project (not plugin project) to drag & drop some images from palette by using GEF (org.eclipse.gef.examples.shapes.jar) plugin as a library? So that I could invoke the required methods from GEF Package. My main concern is, project should work with simple jre, it shouldn’t required eclipse to run once developed. Will it be possible by this way?

Because my requirement is exactly like what shapes example giving (drag & drop some image from palette & capture some details for each image using property window).

Please give me some idea…

Thanks in Advance

Malar

Back to the top