Re: [gef-dev] GEF Simple Doubts!

Aatish,

These mailing lists are meant for developer discussions, that is, those developing GEF.  Your question is a general question about Eclipse Plug-in Development, and Nick's suggestion of the newcomer newsgroup is a great one.

There are also a number of tutorials and books on the subject of Plugin and RCP development.  A quick google search for "Eclipse Plugin Development" reveals at least 6 relevant articles (on the first page).  (Have you read these?)

There are also a number of books on the subject.

http://www.eclipse.org/community/books/

As an aside, if you are telling people to hurry up and answer because "it is urgent", you are likely to get very little help.  Many people volunteer here on their own time (when they could be spending time with their families, working on their garden, etc...).  When you say things like "It is urgent", you are essentially saying that your problems are more important than the problems of others.  This attitude will not get you very far.

I would suggest reading through some of the introductory articles on Plugin Development, and maybe even go through the RCP  book. This will bring you up to speed on Plugin development.  In your particular case, you will want to look for information about contributing new views and editors to Eclipse.

Good luck,
Ian