Re: [gef-dev] Gef Build questions

Bundles are versioned based on x.y.z in Manifest.mf, and qualifier which comes from the mapfile. If the o.e.gef plugin is tagged w/ version v20090508-1500, then you'll get

  o.e.gef_3.5.0.v20090508-1500.jar (note the dash).

If you want to be able to build from HEAD (override the tags in the map), you can use fetchTag=HEAD. In this case, you'll get

  o.e.gef_3.5.0.HEAD.jar (note the branch name).

But, if you also set forceContextQualifier=v${timestampOfTheBuild}, then you'll get

  o.e.gef_3.5.0.v200905081503.jar (note the dash is now gone)

This is doable, but I can't guarantee it works ATM in the Common Modeling Build. It does work in the Athena build, but doc generation is broken there. :( You can try setting these values in gef.releng/buildAll.xml if you'd like, but bear in mind such a change will affect both N and I builds.

You can follow whatever process you want for tagging or for building directly from HEAD. The current flow, as decided by Anthony, is to tag weekly so that all builds are done from that tag, and are therefore easily reproduceable. It also makes updating from week to week easier since the update site contains less renumbered jars.

Should you manually tag& release mid-week, your newer released changes will appear in that day's N build. Currently, the only difference between N and I builds is that Ns are not signed and Is are. Content-wise, they both pull from the same maps.

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena

Back to the top