[gef-dev] What's a good thing to demo for smoke testing GEF?

For our EclipseCon tutorial (Monday, 8am, room 201) [1] we're building GEF 3.5.0M6. Afterwards, we have an exercise planned involving installing GEF from an update site, then verifying it's installed by actually *using* it.

[1] http://www.eclipsecon.org/2009/sessions?id=302

What would you recommend is a good (quick, flashy, easy) thing to demo as a suitable "yep, it installed OK, and damn, that's cool!" smoke test?

If you'll be at EclipseCon and would like to learn how to build GEF locally in Eclipse (on Mac, Windows or Linux, not headless on a remote build server) -- including SDK, examples, tests, and archived p2 reposititory / update site, please feel free to drop by. The GEF-specific stuff will be starting about 2hrs in, after the PDE work and background on the new Athena builder.

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena

Back to the top