[gef-dev] Draw figure outside bounds

Hi all,
I 'm developing a WYSIWYG plugin for Eclipse, a simple GUI designer as VE
but with few components and I'm using EMF and GEF to do it following also
some issues from the redbook. My problem is about drawing MenuItem because I
can't see them as I would. I mean, since I use Figure as components, I
preserve relationships between them father-child etc. A MenuItem is a child
of a Menu that is a child of MenuBar, that is a child of Diagram, the root
Figure where I display all components ( the JFrame! ) The father-figures
have XYLayoutEditPolicy. My problem is that if I attach a MenuItem to a Menu
I can't see it because it is drawn outside Menu bounds as you can see in
this screenshot

1- Some Menu in the menubar without menuitems
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8657/screen1kjq.jpg

2 - Some MenuItems attached to the first Menu
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8934/screen2a.jpg

I tried to attach directly MenuItems to the root figure Diagram but I don't
have anymore any relationships between Menu and MenuItems and this is a
problem because I can't modify them, and other stuff useful as undo redo etc
This happends because Menubar has a fixed dimension, in fact if I enlarge
Menubar I can see components, but this is not possible because is awful!
Do you know how can I solve it?I mean can I preserve relationships
Menu-MenuItem and show them outside Menu bounds (under the Menu)?
Thank you