Re: [gef-dev] Help Needed Regarding buildin GEF

The process isn't really spelled out in terms of GEF by itself, but here's how we build both Modeling Project components and GEF:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng

You can look at the build logs for a given GEF build to see what is being done; you can also check out all the scripts used by the build from here:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/releng-common/tools/scripts/?root=Modeling_Project

And you can follow this guide for setting up your own build server:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF_Build_Server_Setup
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMFT_Build_Server_Setup

(I realize that's probably more overhead than you wanted, but we don't yet have a way to quickly bootstrap your own from-source build, partly because no one before today has ever asked for it.)
--
Nick Boldt :: Release Engineer, IBM Toronto Lab
Eclipse Modeling :: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling