Re: [gef-dev] GEF / Hibernate

Eclipse editors are not hardwired to the workspace or any other files. And this is OT in this list :)

On 15 Січ 2008, at 20:24, Mohit Manrai wrote:

Eclipse Editors are resource based i.e. you need some kind of file to get the editor working. If you want to populate UI through information from database, you should try Views.

OR

If it is really required to work on editor screen, then you may want an temporary file say an XML file with any extenstion say it be .xyz and put all your logic of filling data model from database in create part control or init method of editor, so that when user clicks on that file database operation be perfomed and your model objects gets created..