Re: [gef-dev] GEF Plug-in reorganization

Yes on the webmaster help, I also want to do in July before any new commits
so we can compare before and after to be sure the source is 100% identical.

Agreed we should do an all tools cleanup,

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                      |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                                                                                             |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |27/06/2007 05:08 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [gef-dev] GEF Plug-in reorganization                                                                                                          |

I assume you'll do this with webmaster's help so whole histories, date,
etc. are maintained?

Just out of curiosity, is there a "move" to do this cleanup in all of the
Tools project?
I sure get tired of scrolling through all those old hyadies directories :)

 Anthony Hunter
 <anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent by:                                                               To
 gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx            GEF development
                                        <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
 06/27/2007 04:06 PM                    GEF development
                                        <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                        gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
      Please respond to                                            Subject
       GEF development                  Re: [gef-dev] GEF Plug-in
    <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>               reorganization

Exactly, location only.

tools/org.eclipse.gef ==> tools/org.eclipse.gef/plugins/org.eclipse.gef

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components
IBM Rational Software: Aurora / Modeling Tools
Phone: 613-591-7037

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

 |Randy Hudson <hudsonr@xxxxxxxxxx>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

 |GEF development <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

|------------>
|------------>

 |Re: [gef-dev] GEF Plug-in reorganization

Just for clarification, what's being reorganized is the location of
plug-ins and features in CVS, not the plug-ins and features themselves?

-Randy

            Anthony Hunter
            <anthonyh@xxxxxx.
            Sent by:                  gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
            gef-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
            clipse.org
                                                                  Subject
                                      [gef-dev] GEF Plug-in
            06/27/2007 03:23          reorganization
            PM

            Please respond to
             GEF development
            <gef-dev@eclipse.
                  org>

Hi Team,

Advance warning I will be reorganizing the GEF plug-ins and features during
July.

The hierarchy will match that of other tools, modeling and technology
projects:

org.eclipse.gef/doc
                       org.eclipse.draw2d.doc.isv
                       org.eclipse.gef.doc.isv
org.eclipse.gef/examples
                       org.eclipse.gef.examples.flow
                       org.eclipse.gef.examples.logic
                       [...]
org.eclipse.gef/features
                       org.eclipse.gef-feature
                       org.eclipse.gef.examples-feature
                       [...]
org.eclipse.gef/plugins
                       org.eclipse.draw2d
                       org.eclipse.gef
org.eclipse.gef/releng
                       org.eclipse.gef.releng
org.eclipse.gef/tests
                       org.eclipse.draw2d.test
                       org.eclipse.gef.test

This will accomplish several things:

1) Allow us to add new things to CVS without asking the webmaster
(currently we need permission to add to the root of tools).
2) All of GEF will under one CVS module "org.eclipse.gef".
3) We can clean up the confusing two sets of features in CVS (xxx and
xxx-feature, I will archive the old xxx-feature).
4) We can fix the map file so you can "import map file" (the feature and
plugin have the same name, feature should be xxx-feature).
5) allow us to move the GEF build tools from an internal IBM server to
eclipse.org under releng (see (1)).

I will do file moves on dev.eclipse.org so that we do not loose any
history.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Cheers...
Anthony