[gef-dev] Information about the IGoToMarker using GEF (eclipse 3.2 RC5 )

Hello

  My editor extends from the org.eclipse.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor class to create a flow diagram.

I have a menu item called “Validate” which when pressed, validates the model, and using the createMarker() methods of the IResource, displays the problems in the standard. I want to be able to select the particular editpart , when the user clicks on the Problem in the problem view.

  I have attributes set in my marker, which can help me identify the EditPart to be selected. My question is

1)       How can I implement the IGoToMarker interface? It appears that even though I do implement this interface, the goToMarker() method is never invoked .

AM I missing anything here . I  am using eclipse 3.2 RC5. Is the IGoToMarker methods only for textual editors?

Any help / references are appreciated

Thanks

- Ani

Back to the top