[gef-dev] Need Suggestions?

Hi Everybody !!

I am a bit confused and want some suggestions from the forum. I wanna develop my own small HTML tool which should enriched with GUI Editor + Source Code generator. Lets say it contains only 5 widgets. for e.g
  • Form (a container for other widgets).
  • Label
  • Text
  • Dropdown
  • List

I need a start can anybody tell me how and from where i can start.

My questions are

  • Model
I have planned to define in the following way.

Basic Widget

Super class containing the following properties
x,y, height, width, id, name,

Sub classes varies per widgets for example in case of

List

values it will contains a list of values for this list ..

  • View
For user interaction with widgets like text and Dropdown and etc which Figures i have to use??   shud I use widgets from SWT ??

Please tell me if i am making some mistakes? Any suggestions will be appreciated.Many thanks in advance

Saqib Nasir

Back to the top