[gef-dev] Problem with container

Hi,

I am the very beginner in GEF and I am trying to implement a small GEF application representing something like a GUI designer.

I have a problem with a container (panel) implementation. I have inspired myself in the Logic example but now I am out of ideas... Here is the problem: When I have a container (panel) component and I put inside another simple or empty component (e.g. button or another container), everything works fine, but if there is something inside a container I want to put inside of the first container, I loose all GUI inside of the container... So I other words, when putting a container with button into another container, the result is a container inside a container – the button disapears (but only in the GUI – the model is correct). I have compared my app with the logic example and I can’t find where the problem might be. Another thing I have found is, that when I select a container, which has something inside, only the container is selected and visible when doing drag&drop when I do the same with the Logic example, I can see that all components (container and all inside) are selected and visible when doing drag&drop.

Please help.

Thanx, Jiri

Back to the top