Re: [gef-dev] Paths and Zoom

ScaledGraphics can not support some of the new advanced graphics calls. This is because ScaledGraphics is intended to have certain behavior regarding the zooming of fonts, line widths, etc. There is no easy way to use a scaled Path without applying a Transform, which would result in an alternative zoom behavior.

SWTGraphics supports both scaling and Paths, so if you want to use both then avoid using ScaledGraphics. For 3.2 we have committed to allowing clients to customize which form of scaling is used by Scalable Layered Panes. For 3.1 you can customize the behavior of these classes to avoid ScaledGraphics.

-Randy Hudson

Franco <the_beatles_site@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/21/2005 08:43 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[gef-dev] Paths and Zoom

Hi! I have a problem with the zoom function; if I draw
paths with Graphics.drawPath() function when I do zoom
it throws

Failed to execute runnable
(java.lang.RuntimeException: The class: class
org.eclipse.draw2d.ScaledGraphics has not implemented
this new graphics function)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.