Re: [gef-dev] focus question

The platform or SWT newsgroup would be the appropriate place for this question. For editor's becoming inactive, you need to listen to the part service (available from the site).  Unfortunately you will get all events and not just the ones for your editor.

You can also listen to SWT focus and activate events, but be careful about things like popup shells or dialogs causing focus or activate events.  @See SWT.Focus and SWT.Activate constants and how to use them.  (If they aren't documented, open a bugzilla :-)).

-Randy

Mateusz Srebrny <mati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gef-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/23/2005 05:54 AM

Please respond to
GEF development

GEF devel <gef-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[gef-dev] focus question

hi,
i am using GEF 3.0.1 and i want my gef editor notified when
it's made visible and not visible.
i mean the situation when user choses other file to edit...

i have found the org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditor.setFocus()
method - it is called when GEF editor is being made visible - which is a
half of the success.

there doesn't seem to exist a way for my editor being notified when it
becomes not visible...

can u help me find the way?

i would appreciate it,
Mati.

pees. if this is the wrong place to ask this sort of question forgive me
please :)